Monday, March 21, 2011

COMICS FROM KENYA

Every place, every person, every situation has great potential for a comic strip and Kenya is not the exception. I have been in Kenya now for almost 9 months and inspiration has come in the form of comic strips this time. Every day becomes a new frame in my sketchbook. So far I have finished two little zines (hand made comic books), one about matatus (public transport) that most of you have seen already and the new one is about peculiar things about Kenyan lifestyle seen from a foreigners perspective...

2 comments:

chrishoneybee said...

These are so funny! :D

p.s. It seems that Kenian transportation is quite similar to some buses here in Ukraine :|

Bara said...

thanks Chris, hope I don't have to experience public transport in Ukraine then... haha

Don't use anything within this site without permission of Alejandra Barahona aka Bara... In you want to use my work please send me an e-mail and I'll listen to your proposal.