Wednesday, January 20, 2010

SKETCHBOOK PROJECT EXHIBITION

Happy to anounce my first exhibition in 2010... the cool thing is that this project is going around the United States for a series of exhibitions. As their motto is "It's like a concert tour, but with sketchbooks" and mine is one of them.

The Sketchbook project is a collaboration between over 2,000 artists from around the country that were sent Moleskine sketchbook. Their task was to fill the book with "everyone we know". Every book the project received back will be on display. Visitors are encouraged to pick up the books and freely browse through them and at the end of the year all the sketchbooks will be put in their sketchbook library so if you are in Atlanta GA you can go to Art House and snoop around the library.

I received my sketchbook in August and filled it up with more than 40 sketches... If you want to see more you'll have to go to any of the exhibitions around the states, meanwhile take a glimpse!


Go here for a list of galleries around United States where my sketchbook and tons of others will be displayed... you can also check out my profile in Art House website to see a couple more of the sketches in this book.

If you are around any of the 8 locations where the sketchbooks will tour don't forget to go check them out and for all of you that live in NY I cordially invite you to the openning in Brooklyn where I'll be present.

SAVE THE DATE:

March 13, 2010 (7:00pm - 10:00pm)
3rd Ward
195 Morgan Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11237.

Put it up in your calendar!

Don't use anything within this site without permission of Alejandra Barahona aka Bara... In you want to use my work please send me an e-mail and I'll listen to your proposal.